Monday, November 14, 2011

such jewels

















Odette New York (top photo) has recently released her new collection of jewelry, Athene Divinus.  She also has a collection called Minerva Divinius.  I could live in her jewelry, and I love the names she chooses. Her blog is pretty fantastic, too.

Eerie basin (second photo) carries fantastic vintage pieces. Some are rather elaborate deco pieces, and some are quite minimal. I have tended over the years to go back and forth between the two styles, so several of my sweet spots are tickled here. The ruby and turquoise rings above can be found on their blog.  And what a beautiful name this shop carries! Eerie may not be suitable for a human, of course, but  I would love to catch the story behind it's selection!

Speaking of deco pieces, the ruby and diamond ring (third photo) above is lovely, right? It may be found in shop, Luxe Deluxe. And the handmade, eco-friendly diamond rings (fourth photo) by shop Tula Jewelry have certainly gotten my attention, as has the name of the shop, of course.

Here are some more metals, beads, stones; and painted, potted and woven pieces catching my eye:






Image one is a necklace by Juliet Groman of shop Digoyo, and she sculpts and glazes each bead herself.  The bracelet in image two may be found in shop Orange is the Sun (love).  Image three is by Erin Lightfoot of the shop, Light Footprints (clever). The necklace in image four is by Chelsea Lawler and is called "three little birds".  The fifth is a necklace by Spanish artist, Victoria, and may be found in her lovely shop, alongside many other beautifully painted pieces. The raw amethyst ring in the sixth can be found here. The beautiful woven necklaces in the second to last photo are by the lovely Kate Miss of For Me, For You, and will be in her shop very soon! The last photo is a beautiful necklace by Marisa Howard, an artist who was recently featured in the ever wonderful Etsy blog

Pretty stuff, huh? It's no surprise that there are such beautiful names to be found by looking to stones and metals.  I know I've not listed them all, either. Please chime in with your favorites, too!


names inspired by jewelry:
Jewel 
Stone
Geode 
Gem
Gemstone (you guys know how I feel about the smoosh lately!)

Bijou
Almodine
Ophira
Alumina
Gemma
Ula

Opal (our second could have ended up being an Opal. I was convinced she would be for about a month)
Diamond 
Yahaloma (diamond)
Ruby
Garnet
Saphire / Saphira 
Serpentine
Emerald
Amethyst 
Cameo
Goldstone
Agate
Topaz
Tourmaline
Peridot 
Iolite 
Turquoise 
Jasper
Beryl
Citrine
Carnelian 
Coral
Lapis
Rumi (Japanese for Lapis)
Onyx 
Moonstone (another smoosh that could work with a very vintage/classic, buttoned-up first name, I think)
Sanidine

Pearl
Perle
Perla
Peninah
Margaret 
Rita
Flordeperia 
Shinju (japanese)
Helmi (finnish)


Silver
Argene / Argenta (silver)
Bronze
Copper
Rust
Rosegold (a smoosh I can't resist)
Gold, Golden
Aurelia / Oralia
Orinda
Ora / Orla
Pazia
Tawny

Gilda
Alloy
Osmium
Ore
Gallium

Deco
Smith
Porcelain 

Additionally from today's inspirations (and just as divine as the precious stones):
Odette 
Athene
Minerva
Divinius
Luxe
Tula
Juliet
Victoria
Chelsea
Erin
Lightfoot
Marisa
Howard
Sun
Bird

And I just can't resist today-- there are so many beautiful shop and artist names, that I'd love to do some name combos with the stones and metals:

Odette Aurelia 
Rumi Minerva
Helmi Athene
Howard Carnelian 
Tula Rosegold
Juliet Porcelain 
Gallium Lightfoot
Opal Luxe
Sun Margaret 

Please play along! You can certainly look beyond the list here; how would you pair the names? What's you favorite stone or metal? Any jewelry you've been eyeing online?  And please feel fee to link to your post in the comments if you've written on jewelry inspired names! 

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. I love every single one of those rings in the top four photos. And the set from Eerie Basin is SO perfect.

    Our first could have been Ruby, but wasn't. Our second very nearly had Bijou for a middle name. My husband was willing, but didn't love it as much as I did and I just didn't feel right about that. We went with the name we both liked equally, which is perfect...but I still think Bijou is adorable.

    Lately, I'm really liking Pearl/Perla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Orange in the Sun bracelets. I've been wanting one forever but can never decide on the perfect colors. I recently ordered a couple pairs of earrings from A Merry Mishap -- http://www.etsy.com/shop/amerrymishap/ -- beautiful stuff.

    Great post with lovely names. Some pairings --

    Helmi Rosegold
    Iolite Rumi
    Rumi Peridot
    Agate Serpentine

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your list, I like Gemma, Emerald (my birthstone), Pearl, Ruby and Goldie.

    I love Alyson's shop, Mossiere: http://www.mossiere.com/

    She also has a great blog, Unruly Things:
    http://www.unruly-things.com/
    and baby blog Unruly Little Things:
    http://www.unrulylittlethings.com/

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous names!

    Minerva Pearl
    Aurelia Odette
    Juliet Ophira
    Orla Peridot
    Amethyst Luxe
    Ruby Margaret
    Athene Marisa
    Saphira Gem
    Jasper Deco

    I could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an artist known by the stage name Porcelain Black, formerly Porcelain and the Tramps.

    I do love Coral(ie) Jasper, or maybe Pearl Tourmaline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rumi Minerva is right up my alley!! I also love Ophira, Opal, Sapphira, Jewel, Coral, Argenta, Auburn, Rosegold, Emerald, Amethyst and Fairuza (instead of Turquoise). I wish Chelsea worked with my last name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all these suggestions and combos! Juliet Ophira, Jasper Deco...yes! Cristina, I'm loving the name Rumi more and more, actually. She would fit right in with my girls, I think!

    Nicole, I've read Unruly things, but had no idea there was a spawn blog!!! yay! And her stuff is pretty; I hadn't seen it either. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the name Rumi, it's so sweet sounding and reminds me of Romy, which is also pretty great!

    My gemstone is Garnet, and I've always disliked it as a name. I had a Doctor Garnet once :)

    ReplyDelete