Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Swedish Home Tours









Have you guys seen the amazing home tours on Dos Family? What a blog!  There's almost nothing I love more than a great home tour.  I'm smitten with so many of these beautiful homes.  I'm just about equally taken with the names of the people who live in them! The names on the adults would be fresh here in the states, but the kids' names...wowzer.  Beyond the home tours, the entire blog is fantastic. The blog is run by photographer, Jenny Brandt and decorator/journalist Isabelle McAllister. Jenny and Isabelle have such fantastic ideas and amazing eyes for beauty! They are also wives and mothers with very well-named kids, I must say.  Jenny and Jens have children Viola and Frank; and Isabelle and Eric are parents to Della and Beppe. They also very recently fixed up a room for siblings Kaspian and Nike; oh how I wish the shoe company didn't exist here-- millions of potential baby Nikes will never be (okay, maybe not millions, but at least a hundred or so!)


Åsa


Marianne


Freja and Märta


Henriette & Peter


Frida & Staffan



Vega (whose friend, Tiger, was there when they visited her home.)



Lisa & Dennis, and Mika


Elina & Johan, and Etta


Fia & David, and Hillevi




Sine, and Carl-Andreas & Alma


Anna & Martin, and Algot


Sophie & Partric, and Iris (I want this house. today.)


Sara & Jerker, and Lova


Jenny & Jens, and Viola


Johanna & Andreas, and Lillo


Ana & Andreas, and Nils


Cim & August, and Laban


Kristin & Jonas, and Simon & Otto





Louvisa & Peter, and Bim & Jojje


Carolina & Henrik, and Betti & Stella



Julia, and Maja, Sigrid & Elsa




Sarah & Chris, and Eliot, Miton, & Vilmer



Kicki & Måns, and Vera, Timo & Irma



For each of the featured names, there are tons more photos of their homes, and there are more additional home tours to make you drool over on Dos Family! I suggest setting aside the time for a nice long visit!

Readers, what are your favorites from this bunch (homes and names!)?

(images by: Jenny Brandt, Pernilla Hed, Isabelle McAllister--all courtesy of Dos Family)

5 comments:

  1. Great post! From this list, I love Vera and Viola.

    Speaking of homes and kiddos, yesterday, I spent *a little* too much time over on The Glow. I especially loved the new-ish features on clothing designer Cynthia Rowley (daughters Kit and Gigi); interior designer Athena Calderone (son Jivan); and artist Jemima Kirke (daughter Rafaella). TONS of inspiration over there: http://www.theglow.com/

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOTS of these, but "Betti & Stella" just sounds like the most wonderful pair of sisters. Great names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! I just got my babes to bed early and now I think I know where I'm headed for some down time! I did a post on The Glow not too terribly long ago: marginamia
    but I can see it needs to be updated! Jemima's was the last one up the last time I visited. I'm just so impressed by the photography, of course the homes, and I loved what Jemima and Lauren Moffat had to say about parenting, as well.

    eBirdie, I love Betti and Stella, too! I'd love to see a set of sisters called Estella and Betti, come to think of it.

    Thanks for your comments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome blog :) i love seeing the insides of other people's homes for inspiration - sneak peaks on design sponge are my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete